MSF is offering financial assistance through FAST (Financial Assistance for School Tuition). Our goal is to assist children of all socio-economic backgrounds to remain or become students of MSF. We welcome all applications; however, the demand for financial aid by qualified applicants will likely exceed the available funds. FAST applications will thus help the board to weigh each application fairly and anonymously. All financial information will be kept strictly confidential, and family names will be kept anonymous during the selection process. The following considerations will also be taken into account:
- Financial awards are based on demonstrated need.
- Returning families’ applications will be considered before new applicants.
- The majority of financial aid will be allocated to families with children in Kindergarten-6th grade due to the availability of the federal childcare tax credit for preschool age children.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. Please note, if parents are engaged, separated or divorced, both parties must complete an application. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed at the Award Determination Meeting by the Board of Directors, Education Director, and a CPA. Based on next year’s budget and upon approval by the Board of Directors, financial aid offers are then sent to families. Financial need is not considered in determining a student’s eligibility for admission.
- The charge for a FAST application to be processed is $38.00; which can be paid by credit card at the end of the session.
1. Complete and submit the Financial Aid application by February 3, 2015 online to FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition).
2. After completing the online application you will be required to mail your 2014 federal tax return with all schedules and W-2’s to:
FAST Processing, ISM, 1316 North Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
*Including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
3. Financial Aid Award Determination letters will be given out no later than February 27, 2014.
4. Families must reapply for financial aid each year as needed.