The Montessori School of Franklin has a non-discriminatory policy that is incorporated into its charter as of June, 2001. The statement reads:
The Montessori School of Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, or sex in the administration of its admission policies, staffing, education programs, or in any of its policies and operations. To support this policy as required for tax exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, the Montessori School of Franklin has done and will continue to do the following:
- All literature on the Montessori School of Franklin clearly states its non-discriminatory policy.
- The Montessori School of Franklin has publicized and will continue to regularly inform the general community it serves of its non-discriminatory policy, according to the IRS requirements under section 4 of the Revenue Procedure 75-50.
- The Montessori School of Franklin will maintain records beginning its first academic year as required by the IRS under section 7 of the Revenue Procedure 75-50. These records will encompass:
- the racial composition of the student body, faculty, and administrative staff for each calendar year;
- documentation that scholarships and other financial assistance is awarded on a racially non-discriminatory basis;
- copies of all brochures, catalogues, advertising, and related materials dealing with student admissions, programs, and scholarships;
- copies of all materials used by or on behalf of the Montessori School of Franklin to solicit contributions.
Signed: M. Elizabeth Hand
President of the Board, June 2001